Dylan (not bob)

I met a 'bule' in Gili Trawangan when I was on vacation with some friends, his name is Dylan. he's from Manchester but he lives in Sydney. 

He told me that he is a philosophy teacher. When we met that night (my last day in Gili Trawangan) I was in the middle of listening to Mother Nature's Son by The Beatles on my phone when he came to me and asking "do you like The Beatles?" and I was like "yeah, I love Beatles so much." and then he pick my phone to his ear and singing.

Sit beside a mountain stream, see her waters rise
Listen to the pretty sound of music as she flies.


doo do doo doo do.. (this part,we sing together.. :)) )

and I was like... yeah I met a friend, hip hip horray!

Our conversation begin from Beatles things, he told me that mother nature's son is his favorite Beatles song. I was surprised, really.. I didn't expect people knowing this song, apart from the lyric is very short, it's not a  popular Beatles song and of course there's many more genius Beatles songs than mother nature's son. In my opinion, Across The Universe is The Beatles at very best.

And then he talk a lot about Manchester United, he talk about Sir Alex, being league champions last season, he didn't believe in Moyes, and sooo maaany United things. Well I'm just being a good listener at the time he talk so much about Manchester United, until he stop talking and ask me "do you watch English football?" and I said "I'm a Beatles fan, so Liverpool is my football team forever."

and Dylan was like.. "Well, actually I support two football team, the other one is Burnley."

*I start laughing*

Dylan : "I was born in Burnley. In England, your local club it's your first team .."

*my laughter is getting loud and loud and loud*

Dylan : "We're in championship division this season."

*I can't stop laughing*

Dylan : We won championship in 2009, it's very exciting if your team get promoted to the top flight because it means your team is in newspaper everyday.. bla, bla, bla, bla..

*Yeah I like the way you change topic in the same subject lol!*

And night getting late after we shared many things till my other friends came and ask me to get back to the hotel.

Here, far from Jakarta. I found peace, I found a life.

Pleased to meet you Dylan! Thank You

Comments

Popular Posts